uggabugga uggabugga
Return to Dudeism.com |  recentposts2

Author Topic: Wear your Droid, dudes...  (Read 5558 times)

DigitalBuddha

• Administrator
  • Dude
  • I ain't never seen no queen in her damn undies...
Wear your Droid, dudes...
« on: June 28, 2014, 12:19:22 AM »
Close-up look at Android Wear watch

Google has announced the first smartwatches powered by its Android Wear operating system are now available for pre-order.

Ten grand man, and a Smart Watch (but not during league play, of course) - http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-28030661

Captain Will

• Dude
Re: Wear your Droid, dudes...
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 03:20:29 AM »
I dunno, dude.  That thing have a cam on it?  Because I'm a lefty, and I don't want to accidentally set up a Google Hangout while my google's hangin' out during a solo zesty enterprise.

DigitalBuddha

• Administrator
  • Dude
  • I ain't never seen no queen in her damn undies...
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 05:27:08 AM »
I dunno, dude.  That thing have a cam on it?  Because I'm a lefty, and I don't want to accidentally set up a Google Hangout while my google's hangin' out during a solo zesty enterprise.

You mean...the beaver picture?

A Dude

• Dude
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2014, 01:23:30 PM »
Smart watch?  I don't wear a watch. I'm still tryin' to figure out this smart phone. Man I miss my old flip up phone.
" That rug really tied the room together, did it not?"

cckeiser

• Dude
  • The purpose of life is to live it.
    • Do No Harm
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2014, 02:13:07 PM »
Smart watch?  I don't wear a watch. I'm still tryin' to figure out this smart phone. Man I miss my old flip up phone.
I'm still have a land line.I had a nice big numbered cell that all it did was make and receive phone calls. But then it crapped out on me....and I retired....so I did not replace it.
My Special Lady has a cell if i really need to use one.
There are not Answers.....there are only Choices.

Please...Do No Harm
http://donoharm.us

BikerDude

• Dude
  • Time wounds all heels -John Lennon
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 07:53:34 AM »
Id potentially be interested in if there was a GPS.
It would be handy on the motorcycle.
But not for 10 grand. That's ridiculous. Especially considering that you can get an Android table that's like $100 bucks. And they are good. I bought one for my kid last Christmas and liked it so much I got one myself.

Out here we are all his children

jdurand

• Dude
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2014, 01:05:04 PM »
My only problem with my 'droid tablet is I don't use it every day, so when I turn it on it has to download and install one paraquat worth of updates and is pretty much locked up while that's happening.  Since I need it early on Friday mornings, I make sure to turn it on Thursday afternoon so it can get most of that out of the way.

Glad I don't have a lot of applications on this, I'd have to leave it on 24/7 so it could get all the updates!

BikerDude

• Dude
  • Time wounds all heels -John Lennon
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2014, 03:31:34 PM »
My only problem with my 'droid tablet is I don't use it every day, so when I turn it on it has to download and install one paraquat worth of updates and is pretty much locked up while that's happening.  Since I need it early on Friday mornings, I make sure to turn it on Thursday afternoon so it can get most of that out of the way.

Glad I don't have a lot of applications on this, I'd have to leave it on 24/7 so it could get all the updates!

Mine just shows a little icon up top that I have to click to do the updates.
But the one annoying thing is that if I don't use it for a long time and don't leave it plugged in and the power gets very low it won't start. It just shows a little battery with a changing graphic and even though it's plugged in it won't go any further till it charges to some level.
They don't all do that. I have another that you can plug in and use even if it's dead.

Out here we are all his children

Recent Posts

Store

Dude Vinci
Get Dudeism tee shirts, ordination certificates and more. Help feed our monkey.
Click Here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 18, 2021, 04:03:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recently Posted

United Nations Day
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 54182
  • Total Topics: 6397
  • Online Today: 60
  • Online Ever: 8112
  • (October 04, 2021, 09:08:24 PM)