uggabugga uggabugga
Return to Dudeism.com |  recentposts2

Author Topic: 30-year-old evicted from parents' home  (Read 2115 times)

BikerDude

• Dude
  • Time wounds all heels -John Lennon
Re: 30-year-old evicted from parents' home
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2018, 07:22:28 AM »
Don't do differentiation of ranks, not superior, not inferior. The oak is not better than the acorn.

Who owns the house?
Rank is inevitable. It's where he rubber meets the road.
Thank God.
He's an adult. His parents can kick his deadbeat ass out if they so choose.
Same as if he was a stranger in the Alps.
Most hierarchies are the very embodiment of justice.
Which ideally is an expression of competence which no matter how unsavory we find it equates to value.

Out here we are all his children

EsmagaSapos

• Dude
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2018, 05:35:33 AM »
Hey man, I wasn't saying about that guy over there, was about the last guy who replied about him being a giant creep or something like it.
Who owns the house?
That depends on the perspective of owning, but in this game, his parents.
The rubber implies the road, without any road the rubber wouldn't have something to be stepping in, by that the rubber shouldn't think his better or worse, they depend on which other, same way with individuals.
Calling him a deadbeat is saying he should play this game, that he should belong to something, I'm not saying it's wrong, I'm saying he shouldn't play this game if he doesn't want to.
How do we make a decision? Where does it comes from? Comes from the act of choose, and choosing is the hesitation before making a decision, is the dough of it be a right or wrong decision, but we never know if it's right or wrong, we never have all the data to consider, because data is infinity. The same thing with justice, to make justice we can't avoid the use of consciousness, and consciousness isn't a separate entity, we think it is because is based on memories and images, on numbers, symbols and words and they are all given to us by our society.  We are one with the everything in the nothingness, that is a realization. If we try to be brave if because we are scared, if we try not to have pain is because we are in pain, if we try to feel superior is because we think we are inferior and so on and on.

Which ideally is an expression of competence which no matter how unsavory we find it equates to value.
Value and competence on and for what?

« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 05:54:12 AM by EsmagaSapos »

BikerDude

• Dude
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2018, 06:23:51 AM »
Hey man, I wasn't saying about that guy over there, was about the last guy who replied about him being a giant creep or something like it.
Who owns the house?
That depends on the perspective of owning, but in this game, his parents.
The rubber implies the road, without any road the rubber wouldn't have something to be stepping in, by that the rubber shouldn't think his better or worse, they depend on which other, same way with individuals.
Calling him a deadbeat is saying he should play this game, that he should belong to something, I'm not saying it's wrong, I'm saying he shouldn't play this game if he doesn't want to.
How do we make a decision? Where does it comes from? Comes from the act of choose, and choosing is the hesitation before making a decision, is the dough of it be a right or wrong decision, but we never know if it's right or wrong, we never have all the data to consider, because data is infinity. The same thing with justice, to make justice we can't avoid the use of consciousness, and consciousness isn't a separate entity, we think it is because is based on memories and images, on numbers, symbols and words and they are all given to us by our society.  We are one with the everything in the nothingness, that is a realization. If we try to be brave if because we are scared, if we try not to have pain is because we are in pain, if we try to feel superior is because we think we are inferior and so on and on.

Value and competence on and for what?

Outcome matters.
Actual value.
Reality.
They own the house.
He is over 30.
They get to say "we have done our duty. We wash our hands of him".

A Hierarchy is the culmination of many many many opinions.
Not some overarching authority. Or in any practical sense "opinion".
Value is what people deem valuable. As a society.
It can be translated into something else of value.
A single person might say that a rock is valuable.
But unless the world agrees he can't buy food with it.
A single opinion is a fart in the wind.
As far as Justice, it is the culmination of a multitude of opinions.
We build that very idea into the best systems that we can devise to ensure it.
This is the core of humanity.
Hierarchy is as close as we get to social justice.
Is it corruptible? Of course.
But support for anything else is just a veiled attempt to justify some sort of Totalitarian reality.
Generally using "kindness" or "justice" as an excuse for controlling what others think and say.
It's all the rage these days.
A million little self proclaimed geniuses who can't earn a basic living but who are authorities on how to change the world.
The Bums Lost! They will always lose!

EsmagaSapos

• Dude
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2018, 08:16:06 AM »
There would be a time were I would totally agree with you.

With my search for Taoism I fond Alan Watts that completely changed my view.

Before Alan the only thing that ever bothered, questioned me was the nucleus of everything, everything was superficial.

I did introspective thinking, philosophy searching, psychoanalyses, had empathy trying to understand the other side.

But the question and dough was always there, what is the nucleus, what is the point of living and dying?

In my opinion was to leave a legacy, to leave a good memory on others, but what then?

Alan Watts didn't change my life, he give me a life, before him I was a corpse without any particular reason or meaning.

Alan Watts is a teacher of Zen, which is 90% Taoism, which is the basic structure of Dudeism.

By that I don't think you should think differently just because you see trued in Dudeism, I'm saying the exact opposite.

You shouldn't take anything seriously, the point of the dance is the dance.

I believe that until you realize that you are the everything, there are not separate entities, you will live in fear.

All this questions, opinions, perspectives are absolutely nothing, and eventually you'll realize the nucleus behind all of them.

I'm not trying to change your 'self', I'm trying to show you a blip of what is my trued.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 08:18:55 AM by EsmagaSapos »

BikerDude

• Dude
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2018, 08:23:44 AM »
There would be a time were I would totally agree with you.

With my search for Taoism I fond Alan Watts that completely changed my view.

Before Alan the only thing that ever bothered, questioned me was the nucleus of everything, everything was superficial.

I did introspective thinking, philosophy searching, psychoanalyses, had empathy trying to understand the other side.

But the question and dough was always there, what is the nucleus, what is the point of living and dying?

In my opinion was to leave a legacy, to leave a good memory on others, but what then?

Alan Watts didn't change my life, he give me a life, before him I was a corpse without any particular reason or meaning.

Alan Watts is a teacher of Zen, which is 90% Taoism, which is the basic structure of Dudeism.

By that I don't think you should think differently just because you see trued in Dudeism, I'm saying the exact opposite.

You shouldn't take anything seriously, the point of the dance is the dance.

I believe that until you realize that you are the everything, there are not separate entities, you will live in fear.

All this questions, opinions, perspectives are absolutely nothing, and eventually you'll realize the nucleus behind all of them.

I'm not trying to change your 'self', I'm trying to show you a blip of what is my trued.

There was a time when I would agree with all of that.
Now I have zero patience for Alan Watts and alike. At most it's a coffee table book. A curiosity.
I minored in Philosophy so I'm well aware of the genuine coda. With a major in Literature.
Later engineering.
The modern world of social media has colored my views of the utility of such en-devours.
That and I've grown up.
Most of the fascination with new age crap is nothing but a convenient mechanism for "head in sand" burying.
You want meaning?
In general it is taking care of those around you.
Fulfilling our responsibilities. Getting out of bed day after day and dragging home a buck or two each week so you can take care of your kids.
Zen, Taoism, Scientology, Satanism whatever. It only matters if it helps you do the above.
Raise good kids, be a good husband and father and don't be a burden on others.
Guaranteed that is about 99% most likely to be the genuine meaning that any of us are likely to have.
Anything else if gravy. And about 99% of the time a distraction. Or at worst an excuse.
For every genuine Allan Watts online preaching his new age mumbo jumbo there are a thousand bums who just shift there gaze from genuine responsibility and hard work not because they are a genius bound for higher things. But because real life is a drag. It's hard.
The one aspect of the Big Lebowski that has grown to bother me the most is the idea that The Dude, any Dude who is unemployed and lazy is going to be happy. It's just not a recipe for happiness. That is the major weakness of the saga. It's easy to like every Dude. They tie the room together.
We all know them. But in the real world they are (and lets face it should be) a tragic saga. They end up over 30 in their parents basement still mumbling about some new age nonsense rather than doing what their parents did. Get a job.

BTW: The real life Dude is not lazy or unemployed.

BikerDude

• Dude
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2018, 11:37:28 AM »
30 year old evicted!

EsmagaSapos

• Dude
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2018, 02:19:41 PM »
I can't say you should live like this or like that, because I don't know, I know my truth. And my truth is that Alan Watts go to the nucleus of almost every aspect of the 20/21 century living and he explains in a way that makes totally sense why is absurd to live that way, but is not saying you should change. I already knew it was absurd, maybe that's why I liked The Big Lebowski in the first place, I just didn't knew someone that could take it as deeply. If you are tired of the game, then you should change, if you aren't, like I believe you aren't, just play that game, and if you want to take it seriously don't even call it a game, but something else. I have a job which I don't consider a job, because I want to go there most of the times, a house, car, not wife, not kids, I'm not expecting to have actually, my liberty is in the lack of responsibility and in trying as much not to use the mask. Personally, I have empathy on both sides of this situation, because I see the flaws on both of them, can't really say who is right and who is wrong.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 02:22:16 PM by EsmagaSapos »

Recent Posts

Store

Dude Vinci
Get Dudeism tee shirts, ordination certificates and more. Help feed our monkey.
Click Here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2018, 02:10:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recently Posted

Autumnal Equinox
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 52715
  • Total Topics: 5973
  • Online Today: 139
  • Online Ever: 378
  • (May 10, 2017, 05:23:00 PM)