uggabugga uggabugga

Author Topic: Zen Dudeism...  (Read 426 times)

Rev Dave Man

• Dude
Zen Dudeism...
« on: July 30, 2017, 07:47:23 AM »
As for the Rev Dave Man, Zen Dudeism seems to be a journey man, a really long journey.  I've been studying the four noble truths as the Buddha taught, and it's interesting, it's fucking interesting man.  The eightfold path as taught by the Buddha puts it into practice, and quite frankly, that's exhausting...but what else do I have going on?  I guess it's why most Buddhists are so Dude and carefree...they've got the whole "...I can't be worried about that shit, man" attitude. 

With Buddhism truly NOT a religion, as it is non-theistic, and the Buddha never claimed to be a god, never claimed to have been visited by, spoken to by, or had a revelation by a deity, it is more of a philosophy.  And that's pretty fucking cool with me...I've had enough religion in my life.  I have my personal beliefs regarding deity and don't need to replace or retool the whole machine.  Aw hell, there I go, rambling again. 

Happy Sunday morning dudes.  Abide.  And remember,  the Rev Dave Man digs your style.
I'm calmer than you are

Dudeist Monk

• Dude
  • Easy does it.
Re: Zen Dudeism...
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 08:12:12 AM »
I see a Zen Dudeism as being a kind of, ya know, abiding the moment. Listening that tape of whale song in your bathtub is the only thing to focus on. You, that bowling ball and the pins are the only things in the lanes at that moment.

I don't know, maybe I'm just blathering, man.
If at first you don't succeed ... Um ... Yeah. Whatever and stuff.

Dudeist Monk - Militant Inactivist.

Recent Posts

Store

Dude Vinci
Get Dudeism tee shirts, ordination certificates and more. Help feed our monkey.
Click Here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 16, 2017, 01:44:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recently Posted

Winter Solstice
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 52368
  • Total Topics: 5998
  • Online Today: 70
  • Online Ever: 378
  • (May 10, 2017, 05:23:00 PM)